As the leader in transit technology, Clever Devices’ vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of exciting technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world.
Clever Devices is seeking a recent college graduate with an Engineering degree (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field) to join our growing Business Development Technology Solutions team. The Associate position will provide market research, technical documentation, and important information exchange between outward facing (customer) and inward facing (interdepartmental) groups. The Associate will work closely with the Director, Technology Solutions to ensure we are continuing to roadmap and develop Best-In-Class solutions that meet our customer’s needs. This position reports to the Director, Technology Solutions.
- Assist in analysis of proposal requests, and preparation of technical portions of submitted proposals.
- Gather, edit, analyze, and maintain internal documentation regarding client product distribution and usage to ensure quality of references and technology outreaches.
- Perform and support technical demonstrations of assigned product solutions, both virtually (via web conferencing) and in person at remote locations. These will typically be arranged by Strategic Account Managers and require an elevated knowledge level of the associated technologies such that most questions and inquiries can be handled during the demonstration.
- Maintain log of all demonstrations being performed and provide overview analysis of the relative interest of each solution.
- Assist senior team in the preparation and execution of formal proposal presentations. Supportive roles will include organization of preparations, assistance in content creation, setup and breakdown of demonstrated equipment and software, assistance in operation of demonstrated equipment and software, and subject matter expert presence.
- Research and maintain up-to-date documentation of competitive offerings.
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in the identification of market trends, forward-looking technologies, and other potential strategic opportunities. Maintain documentation of these items and present as requested by internal audiences.
- Support other groups (Systems Engineering, Applications Engineering, Production) as needs arise for collaboration with the Business Development group.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Prior internship or work experience in a technology firm or transportation related organization
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to comprehend technically complex subjects and distill into informative knowledge appropriate for varying audiences
- Understanding of electronic systems, circuits, and concepts
- Understanding of computer networking, database, and server technologies
- Understanding of Wireless, Cellular, and Land Mobile Radio communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator) considered a plus
- Willingness to travel to customer sites, trade shows, and other office locations (up to 50%)
- Personal or professional interest in public transportation