Hibbing Taconite Company
Mine Operations Supervisor
Hibbing Taconite (HTC) began production in 1976 and made its initial shipment in January of 1977. HTC is ISO certified in Quality and Environmental Management Systems and is a joint venture owned by Cleveland-Cliffs (85.3%) and US Steel (14.7%). It has an annual rated capacity of 8.0 million gross tons a year.
Hibbing operations consist of an open pit truck and shovel mine, a concentrator that utilizes single stage crushing, autogenous (AG) mills and magnetic separation to produce a magnetite concentrate, which is then delivered to an on-site pellet plant. From the site, pellets are transported by BNSF rail to a ship loading port at Superior, Wisconsin.
Job Posting Title: Mine Operations Supervisor
Position Summary: Supervise a crew of hourly employees to safely and efficiently execute their work assignments.
- Ensure conformance with Cliff’s requirements for safety, ethics, accountability, and environmental requirements through commitment to the Cliffs Core Values.
- Ensure employee compliance to corporate, property and departmental policies and standard work procedures, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Plan and prioritize work assignments from the weekly work order packet on a daily basis by coordinating and communicating with operations, maintenance, and scheduling personnel.
- Monitor and communicate compliance to customers, and product quality specifications
- Communicate work assignments to employees.
- Supervise, facilitate, and motivate employees to safely and efficiently execute and complete their work assignments.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of completed work assignments.
- Establish high performance standards for the employees, promote and encourage the achievement of these standards, provide feedback to employees on their progress, and implement disciplinary measures if necessary.
- Update scheduling personnel on daily and weekly carry-over work.
- Coordinate and facilitate departmental training.
- Education: 2-year degree preferred
- Three years of Supervisory experience in a mining or mineral process operation referred
- Basic computer competencies and experience with dispatch systems preferred.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate using handheld radios
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company will not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Cleveland-Cliffs”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. Cleveland-Cliffs is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a pre-employment background check and post-offer medical exam, including an alcohol and drug screen.