Hibbing Taconite Company
Mine Maintenance Supervisor – Shovel & Drills
Hibbing Taconite (HTC) began production in 1976 and made its initial shipment in January of 1977. HTC is ISO certified in Quality and Environmental Management Systems and is a joint venture owned by Cleveland-Cliffs (85.3%) and US Steel (14.7%). It has an annual rated capacity of 8.0 million gross tons a year.
Hibbing operations consist of an open pit truck and shovel mine, a concentrator that utilizes single stage crushing, autogenous (AG) mills and magnetic separation to produce a magnetite concentrate, which is then delivered to an on-site pellet plant. From the site, pellets are transported by BNSF rail to a ship loading port at Superior, Wisconsin.
Job Posting Title : Mine Maintenance Supervisor – Shovel & Drills
Position Summary : To supervise a crew of hourly employees to safely and efficiently execute their work assignments in Mine Maintenance.
- Understand significant deviations from the Mine’s operating and maintenance plan.
- Communicate the priority of process improvement work to subordinates and ensure that process improvement work is completed.
- Communicate the department operating strategy and objectives to maintenance crews.
- Know and support all elements of the Cliffs Natural Resources Maintenance Process/Operations Standards (MPS) and the General Repair Improvement Process (GRIP).
- Ensure that the daily and weekly maintenance schedules are executed.
- Assign work to crewmembers/technicians based on the published schedule, ready-backlog and “break-in” work.
- Participate actively in the weekly “Maintenance/Scheduling” meeting.
- Ensure 100% work order standard compliance, including close out and proper work order updating and coding.
- Return completed and incomplete work orders, that will not be completed during the scheduled week, to the Planner and or Scheduler at the end of the shift.
- Communicate the key maintenance performance indicators as well as the site KPIs.
- Enter Work Orders for any deficient conditions found during the execution of PMs and inspections performed by team.
- Locate parts required for break in work and set delivery to work area.
- Within the system communicated from the Section Manager, review the daily maintenance schedule and any break-in needs with operations and other maintenance groups to make a daily plan.
- Close Work Orders with detailed completion comments on daily jobs for proper feedback for planners. Communicate planning quality to the planner within the system communicated from Section Manager.
- Communicate with operations and other maintenance staff about the securing of equipment for maintenance and the release of the equipment when maintenance is complete. Lead crew in the same communication on the off shift.
- Communicate with operations and other maintenance staff about the securing of equipment for maintenance and the release of the equipment when maintenance is complete.
- Education B.S. Degree- Engineering or related field preferred, or related experience in maintenance and supervision.
- Experience & Knowledge 1-5 years related experience preferred in mining and crushing equipment; Experience/knowledge in maintenance and reliability systems; Experience in Maintenance Planning and Scheduling methodologies/standards and the application of such to optimize craft resources
- Technical Skills – – Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project
- Ability to walk on uneven ground
- Ability to communicate using the radio
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company will not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Cleveland-Cliffs”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement . Cleveland-Cliffs is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a pre-employment background check and post-offer medical exam, including an alcohol and drug screen.