Hibbing Taconite Company
Electrical Planner (Concentrator)
Hibbing Taconite (HTC) began production in 1976 and made its initial shipment in January of 1977. HTC is ISO certified in Quality and Environmental Management Systems and is a joint venture owned by Cleveland-Cliffs (85.3%) and US Steel (14.7%). It has an annual rated capacity of 8.0 million gross tons per year.
Hibbing operations consist of an open pit truck and shovel mine, a concentrator that utilizes single stage crushing, autogenous (AG) mills and magnetic separation to produce a magnetite concentrate, which is then delivered to an on-site pellet plant. From the site, pellets are transported by BNSF rail to a ship loading port at Superior, Wisconsin.
Job Posting Title : Electrical Planner
Position Summary : To provide the Electrical maintenance crews with properly planned work to satisfy the Concentrator Operating Strategy.
- Assist in the development of long-range maintenance schedules and budgets.
- Prepare the short-range and long-range plans for electrical repairs.
- Identify and obtain parts and materials required for repairs at the appropriate intervals.
- Verify that materials required for the repairs have been properly staged on the designated areas at the required times for planned repairs.
- Attend and participate in the asset meetings for your assigned areas, having all required materials to allow the scheduler to properly populate the schedule.
- Follow-up during the asset meeting for any work that requires planning related to pit dewatering and plan accordingly.
- Prepare forecasts for future maintenance activities on a weekly, 5-week rolling and 16-month rolling basis.
- Create standard jobs (work orders) for any repeated repairs.
- Plan for the future and for continuing improvement of maintenance planning practices.
- Participate in the once a month meetings with equipment manufactures to receive feedback on any required repairs or identified issues.
- Work closely with the Reliability team in performing root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and maintenance improvements.
- Ensure the accuracy of the CMMS (Ellipse) database, equipment history and Application Parts Lists (APLs).
- Work closely with purchasing to ensure that the “right part is on site at the right time,” thereby minimizing parts inventory levels.
- Ensure safe working conditions for equipment and people.
- Assist supervisors in monitoring department safety performance and prepare action plans / take action on areas that require change. Work proactively with the Safety Team in identifying and mitigating safety risks. Participate in safety audits, inspections and observations to demonstrate visible safety leadership.
- Assist supervisors in monitoring department environmental performance and prepare action plans / take action on areas that require change. Work proactively with the Environmental team in identifying and mitigating environmental risks.
- Plan work to ensure that it is completed in a safe manner- assist supervisors in ensuring that all work areas are maintained to meet or exceed all company rules, as well as all local, state or province and federal safety and environmental laws and regulatory acts.
- Assist management in directing the administration of corporate, property and department policies, work procedures and systems, and ensure compliance to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Education: Four Year degree or equivalent, B.S. in engineering preferred.
- Experience: 0-3 years’ experience in managing/supervisory engineering in mining or mineral processing operations
- Basic computer competencies in Windows and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to communicate using a handheld radio
- Ability to walk on uneven ground
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company will not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Cleveland-Cliffs”), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement . Cleveland-Cliffs is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace, and requires all prospective employees to undergo a pre-employment background check and post-offer medical exam, including an alcohol and drug screen.