Clear Ridge Defense, LLC is seeking contract-full-time employee Junior-level Forensic Software Developers / Reverse Engineers who are proficient Software Developers with a deep understanding of the domain of digital forensics, to include the technical underpinnings of binary file structure reverse engineering, file systems, operating system internals, encryption/encoding/hashing algorithms, and breadth of other applicable topics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Forensic Software Developers and Reverse Engineers provide rapid Quick Response Capability (QRC) support to teams of digital forensic examiners, designing capability when commercial or Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) tools fail
· Working in offline environments, they design quick one-off scripts, full standalone applications, design automation platforms, help streamline examination workflow, build deployable capability, facilitate advanced correlation, reverse engineer applications on demand, and act as a lifeline to both CONUS and OCONUS TECHEX examiners
· Work with a variety of different languages (including, but not limited to, Python and C#) and will pick up other languages on the fly
· Design user interfaces, parsing binary blocks of fragmented data, handling the nuances of foreign language encodings, recovering, and reconstructing otherwise unrecoverable information, designing algorithms to detect encryption, building systems that simplify correlation, decoding custom and undocumented caches of forensic artifacts, and working with machine translation
· Active Secret-level security clearance (TS/SCI preferred) or the ability to gain and maintain a security clearance
· Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ years of software development experience to include some direct experience writing targeted digital forensic tools, working at the byte-level, and or reverse engineering files and applications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Math, or another relevant field
· Willing and Able to deploy OCONUS to austere environments that may include hostile fire areas if required
· Demonstrate an understanding of the technical fundamentals and core software development principles required to perform all tasks with competency and accuracy
· Demonstrate fluency in both high- and low-level programing languages, to include specifically C# and Python
· Contractors must be innately familiar with full-stack software design, implement sane coding practices, and be motivated by a hunger to continually improve themselves
· Demonstrate proficiency with debuggers
· Possess the ability to gather testable software requirements and to participate in the design of new applications
· Execute with maintainable software processes, including Software documentation, source code versioning, and unit testing
· Be able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Be familiar with assembly languages
- Possess the aptitude for reverse engineering windows and mobile binaries
· Thrive in a mission-critical and time-sensitive environment
· Developers must be fast, driven, and able to work under pressure on solo or small-team projects.
· Developers must also be able to adequately brief their technology, work with users to understand new requirements, and be able to teach deeply technical concepts to audiences of all kinds.
· Prior experience supporting SOF is a plus, but is not required
· Government Intelligence Agency (CIA/NSA/DIA, etc.) experience is a plus, but not required