Clean Harbors is looking for an Environmental Technician I to join their safety conscious team in May of 2021!
Based out of Liberty, MO, our General Laborer (internally referred to as Environmental Technician), will provide intercompany regional support across various lines of business including Technical, Field and Industrial Services.
Responsibilities of this role include confined space entry, working at heights and working alongside various types of equipment. This is a physically intensive position that may require up to 50% travel within the region and up to 3-4 weeks away at a time based on business demands.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience with weekly overtime!
- Paid travel is provided! Mileage and per diem is available;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 day of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Performs work in enclosed (confined) spaces;
- Performs work using high pressure water blasting equipment to clean heavy industrial equipment (pipes, boilers, tanks, heat exchangers, bundles, etc.);
- Loads hoses, chemicals and other equipment required for assigned job onto the truck;
- Cleans work area and equipment after work is completed;
- Practices safety procedures in accordance with training and guidelines when working;
- Assists in the inspection of equipment, hoses, connections, pumps and general work area;
- Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the day;
- Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree required;
- Ability to perform manual labor (i.e. heavy lifting, confined space entry, working at heights, etc.);
- Ability to wear a respirator;
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the year, up to 3-4 weeks away from home as business demands require;
- Valid driver’s license;
- TWIC Card strongly preferred, or ability to obtain upon hire.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.careers.cleanharbors.com Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.