ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum which is aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
3. Creates and maintains a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyzes student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
6. Provides a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develops a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Works professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and the community.
10. Integrates technology into the instructional program.
11. Implements scientifically-based instruction, including Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), to support the unique academic, social, and behavioral needs of students, as appropriate.
12. Develops, implements, and acts as teacher of record of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities.
13. Adheres to federal, state, and local mandates in special education.
14. Develops and implements behavioral intervention plans as identified by the needs of the student.
15. Utilizes positive behavioral supports, as appropriate.
16. Ensures that students with disabilities are receiving a free appropriate education in the least restrictive environment (LRE).
17. Assists students with disabilities in regular education classrooms.
18. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education/Experience, Training:
An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education. Must be certified in relevant subject area.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.