The Public Works Business Manager will be responsible for managing a variety of business practices for the department including administration of contracts from the Administration, Solid Waste, Facilities, and Streets & Stormwater Divisions of Public Works, as well as the preparation and management of the budget and capital improvements plan.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a closely related field and six (6) years directly related experience working with contracts and/or budgets, or equivalency of training and experience
- Experience in purchasing preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of working with RFP/RFQs
- Being able to work across Divisions that have different needs and knowledge bases
- Being able to work with contractors and firms to relay the correct information regarding the RFP/RFQ/contracts/etc.
- Organization and ability to relay information succinctly to Director and Managers
- Experience working with Workday and/or enterprise resource planning (ERP) software