Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
The Office of the Inspector General is actively seeking an Auditor II – Inspector General. This position reports to the Inspector General (or designee) and is responsible for conducting compliance and performance audits and reviews of Consolidated Government activities to support on-going Office of Inspector General investigations and activities, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over such activities, and determining whether the activities are in compliance with laws, policies and procedures and good business practices.
Open requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, or a related field; and
- Two (2) years of experience in internal auditing, accounting, financial auditing, or financial analysis.
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), or comparable.
- Association of Inspectors General Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA) certification and experience in a municipal government is preferred.
- Florida driver’s license is required and must be maintained.
- Must qualify prior to appointment and obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at www.coj.net/jobs.