Global Analytics: Analytics Implementation Engineer
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position will be responsible for implementing, integrating, testing, validating and maintaining analytics models for pricing and underwriting functions within the Global Analytics and Data Support team. The position will contribute to innovative approaches to model implementation while building knowledge of the business context in which the models operate. Other responsibilities will include monitoring the usage of the models. The person will be expected to understand and analyze complex insurance risk factors and articulate results to the various stakeholders, including but not limited to underwriters, product managers and actuaries. The position will be based in Philadelphia, PA or Whitehouse Station, NJ.
• Preferred MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science; Actuarial Science; Mathematics
• 1-3 years in developing predictive modeling, data science, or related actuarial experience in a business environment is a plus but not required
• Software: Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Experience with a statistical package (Python, R, SAS) and/or data management (SQL) and/or programming is preferred.
• Experience in Implementing models in Azure platform as API using technologies such as Python, Pyspark, Flask wrappers, Kubernetes, H20, Secrets, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Responsive to service needs and operational demands
• Produces accurate work products in a timely manner
• Self-confident and objective
• Capable of working in a team environment
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.