Purpose of Position
Provides accurate, detailed reports evaluating sales performance and profitability information to guide the short and long term sales and marketing strategy. In charge of managing analytical tasks to identify crucial business areas that require attention, change or improvement. Plans, directs, and coordinates the sales and marketing budget process – requesting production volumes, logistics, and operations costs and sales revenue from the various functional areas and compiles the data and prepares the annual operating budget. To provide planning and analytical support to the sales team with the objective of achieving revenue and other company goals.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Business analysis
Monitors, analyzes, and reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis an array of sales performance metrics and reports these to the sales effort as well as Senior Management to identify crucial results that require action. Compile information to compare sales performance against market performance as reported by industry wide database. Provides recommendations and assists Sales Management in implementing solutions that will drive sales, reduce costs, and enhance profitability.
2. Sales reporting
Prepares timely and accurate production estimates to guide the sales effort. Compares production estimates with sales estimates to anticipate overages/shortages. Provides sales effort with medium and long term company as well as industry volume trends to anticipate supply and demand pricing interaction. Prepares an accurate, clear, and concise weekly report for the Sales Team and Senior Management regarding volumes, prices, profitability measures, and performance by market, region, sales representative, Customer, size, farm, etc. Provides the farms with weekly sales reports (volume and prices by customer).
Prepare annual sales and operations budget. Identifies revenue enhancement and/or cost reduction opportunities and shares with sales staff and senior management. Participates and assists with the Finance and Accounting staff in the preparation of the monthly financial performance versus budget and analyzes and explains variances in sales revenues and operational costs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, preferably Finance or Accounting.
· Preferably one year financial analysis experience in a corporate environment.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point). Experience with SAP is a plus.
· Ability to analyze large amounts of data in Excel and prepare clear and concise reports.
· Great presentation skills.
· Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
· Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines, excellent time management.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership
· Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
· Fluency in English and Spanish.
Salary: $35K-$45K, depending on experience.