Computer Programmer I, St. Petersburg, FL.
Cherokee Nation System Solutions (CNSS) provides a complete line of innovative services, consulting and products to government agencies, including application modernization, data utilization and advanced analytics, geospatial, GIS and remote sensing, information technology infrastructure, program professional services and scientific and research capabilities. CNSS offers an extensive selection of quality services and products at competitive prices. Additionally, CNSS collaborates with partners nationwide to provide even the most complex services to clients.
For more company information, visit our site at: www.cherokee-federal.com
The Computer Programmer shall support the analysis, interpretation, synthesis and visualization of geological and oceanographic data. Requirements for this position include technology development and deployment, data curation and database management, and information and data product creation.
Cherokee Nation System Solutions (CNSS) supports federal clients and partners in the analysis, interpretation, synthesis and visualization of geological and oceanographic data. The successful candidate should be qualified to support the team in the following tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development of image data processing software in the cloud.
- Translate existing Matlab code for coastal image processing to Python.
- Create geospatial datasets, publication-quality figures, and written documentation for USGS projects.
- Support development of new or test existing algorithms to measure waves, surface currents, and bathymetry using video remote sensing methods.
- Compare remotely sensed observations of waves, surface currents, and bathymetry to field observations.
- Transition processing from local host to cloud hosted services.
- Maintain database of coastal imaging camera parameters in the cloud.
- This position does not have management or supervisory authority
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly desired
- An associate’s degree in computer programming
- Experience with computer vision or image data processing techniques and software
- Experience with version control using Git
- Experience with scientific programming in Python and Matlab
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Training or demonstrated proficiency in computer science or other science discipline with practical software development experience
- Specialized skill in application of agile methodologies and software development life cycle principles as well as best practices in the development and deployment of applications
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Must adhere to all computer security clearance requirements of the agency (training and testing)
- Ability to work independently and communicate, both written and orally, with project sponsors, stakeholders, users, colleagues on a development team, and management are crucial in the current telework environment
- The ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background check is mandatory
- Office environment, travel for field activities and/or meetings may be needed. Work may be done remotely
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.