Join the team who values your skills and expertise. Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) serves federal clients with time-tested solutions that increase their effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT helps you make the most of your skills by taking a personalized approach to solving clients’ toughest challenges. This approach gives customers the support they deserve and the quality they expect from a team that can handle every detail – a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation Technologies is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
The Office of Information Management Technology (OIMT) provides information technology and telecommunication support and services primarily to offices and staff for the Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs (AS-IA), the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) organizations and locations throughout the Nation. The OIMT consists of 125 full time federal staff and additional contractor staff and manages the complex and diverse Information Technology infrastructure for the Indian Affairs federal workforce of 9000+ employees located in urban and rural areas throughout the country, and approximate 20 Education Line Offices and 64 BIE-operated schools located throughout the country.
The Business Analyst will provide technical and process management support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide business analysis technical support and services for OIMT IT projects. Business analysis efforts will be executed following BA best practices, standards and specifications in the areas of planning and monitoring, elicitation, requirements definitions, management and communication, enterprise analysis requirements and analysis and solution assessment and validation activities.
- Conduct business analysis and planning including stakeholder analysis, requirements management and communications.
- Prepare, conduct, document and confirm requirements including the maintenance, identification, collection, indexing, retrieval, and disposition of requirement documentation, metrics and records.
- Analyze and document the current processes (As-Is) and where necessary recommend improvements (for To-Be) to the existing processes.
- Assist in supporting IT Project deployment tools such as Enterprise Architecture tools, Project Management tools, Quality Management tools, or Requirements Management tools as required.
- Document business process steps (As-Is) including actors, input and output information, sources, and destinations of forms and artifacts. The processes will be documented using standard BPM tool sets and methodologies.
- Provide business process management technical support and services for Indian Affairs inbound and outbound processes. Conduct and document process improvement (To-Be). Implement business process measurement and monitoring including return on investment analyses.
- Analysis report as required by the Government Task Lead
- Process reengineering documents as required by the Government Task Lead
- Project status documents as defined by Project Manager
- Activity Reports
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of five (5) years’ hands on experience with business analysis and requirements definition for IT systems development enhancements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- General knowledge of SharePoint to include SharePoint site and document management basics.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Access).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of reengineering methodologies and principles for modernization of systems and projects (Preferred).
- Successfully pass a federal background check and drug screen.
- Upon hiring, candidate will be subjected to a Public Trust Security Clearance investigation which is required to be adjudicated and maintained, in order to remain eligible for employment, per contract and government requirements.
About the Team
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.