This is a full-time job in Rockville, Maryland.
Serve as a lead of the immunohistochemistry laboratory, including the coordination of technical and administrative functions for the laboratory. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure GLP and CLIA compliance is maintained in the laboratory
- Performs all routine histology and immunohistochemistry tasks, including but not limited to specimen grossing; embedding specimens; sectioning; H&E and IHC stain techniques
- Performs quality assurance procedures such as block and slide match, and reports discrepancies
- Maintains and programs laboratory equipment, notifying service personnel when more complex problems occur
- Assist in training, SOP writing and new method development
- Lead the development and optimization of sample preparation procedures/protocols for immunohistology processes
- Develop and design novel single and multiplex immunohistochemical and immunofluorescent staining using manual and automated staining methods to support project needs
- Performs related general duties such as inventorying supplies and reagents, general lab housekeeping, and maintaining safety records
- Maintain accurate and detailed records using laboratory information management systems and Microsoft Office suite programs
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills (Minimum)
- BS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, with a minimum of 5+ years of related experience in industry
- Experience with processing animal models and human clinical samples (tissue, blood, biopsies, fresh frozen, FFPE).
- Previous hands-on experience in cancer biology with tissue-based cancer biomarker development, strongly preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of accredited histology program
- Ability to work independently and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage concurrent deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow directions, observe safety and security procedures
Qualifications & Skills (Stand-Out Candidate)
- MS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field with a minimum of 5+ years of related experience in industry
- Experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting