Seismic Imaging Analyst
CGG is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical, and reservoir capabilities.
Start your career with a recognized leader in the geophysical industry. With CGG’s Subsurface Imaging team, you will learn to create accurate 3D images of the earth’s subsurface to help oil companies minimize drilling risks and improve the efficiency of oil and gas exploration. You will be trained to use knowledge of seismic data acquisition, wavelet processing, and velocity modeling. You will learn to experiment with various geophysical concepts using state-of-the-art imaging software and high-performance computing applications to ensure a high-quality product.
Working as part of a team of Seismic Imaging Analysts and Seismic Imagers, emphasis will be on managing day-to-day operations of large projects, providing optimal quality control, identifying problems, and defining ideal solutions. Our Imaging personnel also work closely with our Research and Software Development staff to develop new techniques and tools and collaborate with them to publish information about developing technologies.
Using advanced modeling techniques and cutting-edge data visualization tools, Seismic lmaging Analysts create and update seismic velocity models that closely represent subsurface geology. To this end, in addition to learning and applying advanced geophysical concepts, Seismic Imagers also have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise in geology and horizon interpretation.
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.
Required Education & Experience:
- PhD or Masters in Geophysics, Physics, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Geology, or other related technical or engineering discipline
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Innovative mindset
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Experience with a UNIX environment preferred
Why work at CGG?
· Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
· Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
· Excellent training and mentorship programs
· Competitive compensation with a monthly, performance-based bonus program
· Full health benefits and generous 401(k) employer-matching
· Onsite gym, fully stocked break rooms, table tennis and/or billiards tables on every floor, free catered lunches three days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
· We take care of our biggest asset – our people!