As an Administrative Specialist, you will assist in the planning, developing, and monitoring of activities related to the Office of Communication’s operations, administrative budget, space and facilities, timekeeping, and internal and external reporting and collaboration activities.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Director and Deputy Director on a variety of special assignments involving all aspects of the administrative, budget, and operational management of OC functional responsibilities.
- Manage the Director’s/Deputy Director’s calendars with complete authority for scheduling.
- Independently prepares written correspondence on a variety of administrative issues.
- Provide supervisors with guidance in the preparation of a variety of administrative and operations material.
- Provide technical assistance to employees, supervisors, and managers regarding administrative procedures, i.e., leave, work plans, training, travel, etc.
Experience we’re looking for:
1) Assisting with providing operational support to management and staff on a variety of administrative activities (e.g., time and attendance, answering phones, travel arrangements, supplies procurement, training.
2) Gathering documents to prepare briefing books.
3) Assisting with scheduling meetings.
– OR –
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-09 level by possessing a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related to the position being filled.
– OR –
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-07 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at the grade GS-09. Therefore, only education in excess of 1 full year of graduate level education may be used to combine education and experience.
To see full list of eligibility criteria, see job posting on USAJOBs.
Apply by 02/26/21!