We currently are accepting applications for Maintenance (Industrial Mechanics, Electricians, and Electro-Instrumentation (E&I) Technician positions to join our Maintenance team.
• Safely performing preventive maintenance and repairing all machinery, stock prep, waste-water treatment, steam supply/boiler equipment and other equipment as necessary
• Reviewing and applying blueprints, schematics, and operating manuals to repair and maintain equipment.
• Completing and documenting quality checks; safely utilize a variety of tools and equipment
• Ensuring compliance with Cascades operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations including Lockout/Tagout, Confined spaces etc;
• Assisting with maintaining a clean and safe working environment and may perform various janitorial or housekeeping tasks.
• Other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate will have:
• Two-year electrical certification from college or technical school; or 3-5 years related experience. Journeyman Electrician status desired but not required. Knowledge of Industrial Mechanics and Electric Instrumentation
• Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
• Ability to understand, maintain and troubleshoot AC/DC motors, drives and associated machine controls including programmable controllers, computers and electronics
• Computer literacy and ability to read tape measure, caliper, and multimeter/amprobe
• Safety and Quality driven mindset
• Previous experience working with machinery in the corrugated packaging industry is a plus
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• The ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs and safety shoes
• Availability and flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule; including 8 or 12-hour shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays depending on production/business needs
• The ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Be comfortable working in an environment with varying noise and temperature levels.
• Experience with continuous improvement concepts such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc
• Ability and experience to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Ability to successfully complete pre-employment testing (background, physical, drug test)
Cascades aims to enhance its employees’ quality of life, which is why it offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package. This includes, but is not limited to, an open, friendly work environment with competitive pay, company matched 401k, paid time off, and medical, vision, dental, and group insurance.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.