We are looking for a Business Strategist responsible for helping us understand and accelerate our growth with a data-driven approach. Your primary focus will be helping each Carta team to analyze key opportunities or blockers and use our KPI data warehouse to make good decisions. To be successful in this role, you will need to be passionate about improving our healthcare system, analytical, and able to think holistically about business models, healthcare decision making, and financial metrics.
Carta’s Premise and Mission
Why is data collection such a problem at hospitals?
Collecting healthcare data is currently done in a siloed and manual way. This blocks improvement efforts and prevents the spread of best practices, both for operations and clinical care. As a result, clinicians spend more than 50% of their time doing paperwork rather than the research or care that would improve patient lives.
- Data is spread out over the medical records system, third party software, and clinical notes — one surgical patient can touch 20,000 tables in the EMR.
- It frequently requires some level of interpretation to deal with data that was designed for a different purpose. For example, billing coders will often edit the problem list to maximize charges during negotiations with insurers, lowering the clinical value of that data. The best data for research is frequently hidden in the clinicians’ notes. However, computers can’t read the notes, losing the core story of the patient.
- There’s a lot of conflicting data with temporal context. For example, say the patient had an arrhythmia prior to surgery but it was resolved. If a research form asks us to provide pre-op arrhythmia status, we need to understand this time aspect in order to correctly answer.
- There are a host of other issues that can require clinical knowledge as well, especially since research frequently asks more nuanced questions. The result is that expensive nurses and MDs are tasked with filling out long forms rather than caring for patients.
How does Cartographer (Carta’s data science platform) resolve this?
We use a knowledge graph that maintains the sources of the data along with timestamps to produce a patient journey. This puts all the structured data in context—for example, the height of a patient goes under that patient’s observations into vitals. If there are multiple heights, we collect all the evidence for resolution later and make sure to timestamp them. Our AI also goes through the notes, pulling out clinical concepts and inserting them into FHIR as well.
Once we have collected the data and organized it around the patient, we want to populate forms, reports, or dashboards. We have little bots we call elaborators which translate data to match as a specific field or column. In Atlas, these go through the form and fill out the field with the data. If they can’t completely automate it, they give a list of evidence. Unlike many AI systems that are a blackbox, this preserves the original data context for every field with an evidence trail of the various sources in context (if it’s a note, it will be the sentence where the correct terms were mentioned). Last, a clinical abstractor (often a nurse) goes through the form to review it, confirming answers or resolving difficult questions.
What happens after we collect the data?
Atlas (our front-end product) organizes the data for abstraction managers with a sortable, searchable interface. We also offer exports that can be dropped into Tableau or other BI software for research. Last, since we have the data in our knowledge graph, we can reuse it for other interventions. We have a slate of products focused on solving specific problems for hospitals teams using our enriched data.
Why join our team?
Are you driven to make an impact in healthcare? We believe that the path to better patient outcomes starts with more fulfilled, better utilized clinicians who are liberated to focus on their true calling, helping patients. At Carta, we design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone.
You love using data to drive smarter decisions. You’re a positive individual who cultivates conceptual thinking and brings a curiosity and experimental approach to solving problems. You enjoy working with a collaborative team to solve hard problems. If this describes you–you belong at Carta.
What you’ll do:
- Help setup and maintain our data warehouse of KPIs
- Use our KPIs to find opportunities or blockers and work with leadership to solve them
- Analyze and document value propositions and needs of clients
- Research and analyze market fit of products looking for opportunities
- Monitor and forecast growth of product lines
- Support pricing work for our analytics packs and registries
- Help CSO prepare for quarterly strategy sessions
What you bring:
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
- A hands-on, engaged approach to solving problems
- Knowledge of healthcare and business models
- Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends
Carta is an equal opportunity employer with a collaborative culture.
Excited to talk to you!