Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program! We are accepting applications for our 2019 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will acquire career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the Carrier Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year development program!
What you’ll do (job description):
The MBD dynamic modeling Engineer will work with global, cross disciplinary teams to apply model based design and verification tools and methods to create the next generation of control solutions for a full range of HVAC/R equipment and systems for buildings and transport applications. Her/his main responsibilities include:
- Develop physics-based thermo-fluid dynamic models of HVAC&R components and systems.
- Perform dynamic model calibration, validation, and physics-based analysis of system behaviors.
- Provide expertise in heat transfer, thermodynamics and thermal management system analysis in the development of next generation high efficiency and environmentally friendly HVAC&R and energy systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve numerical issues in dynamic simulations of ordinary differential equation (ODE) /differential-algebraic equations (DAE) systems.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Heat transfer and two-phase flow expertise and thermodynamic cycle analytical skills.
- Experience with vapor-compression refrigeration or power generation systems including related components: heat exchangers and compression technologies.
- Software programming experience
- Good communication skills and team working experience
- Expertise in model development software tools like Modelica/Dymola is a strong differentiator.
- Expertise in Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, and Python.
- Experience in thermo-fluid system control development.
Bachelor of Science or higher in Mechanical or Computer Engineering, and experience in an engineering capacity with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice