Regulatory Policy Sales
If you are a 2020/2021 grad and are excited about the prospects of working with some of the world’s largest hedge funds and institutional investors in a consultative sales role, then Capstone is the place for you!
About the company
Capstone is a policy analysis and regulatory due diligence research firm based in Washington, DC and London, UK, that provides expert advice to institutional investors and companies. Developments in Washington, London, Brussels and other centers of government are more crucial to investment strategies than ever before. Legislation, regulatory reforms and new federal oversight are affecting industries in evolving ways, with a range of near- and long-term impacts on business models.
About the position
Capstone is currently expanding our business development team and is looking for candidates who are driven, entrepreneurial and interested in helping clients understand the investment implications that occur when Washington meets Wall Street.
Ideally, we are looking for individuals with a background in finance, not mandatory, and who are looking to build a career in a fast-paced sales environment at a growing firm. The position will work with our energy team primarily with private equity clients. We offer a very competitive salary, benefits and an uncapped commission structure.
They should have strong product knowledge and the ability to synthesize large amounts of information to communicate clearly to portfolio managers and analysts.
The sale of securities research and policy events is the primary goal of this role. This individual will manage the delivery of research, facilitate and attend company and analyst marketing meetings, conferences, conference calls, industry events and other business gatherings with institutional investors. This individual must work closely with research analysts and our outreach team on policy events, to help drive new and existing business.
· Ability to work with both new and existing customers delivering demonstrable growth in a sales environment
· Persistent and persuasive with the ability to generate his/her own leads
· Communication skills, both oral and written and ability to multitask
· Team oriented, positive attitude, and flexible and willing to adapt to changing and dynamic situations
· Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail and client servicing mentality
· Self-starter mindset who is tenacious, resilient
· Computer skills – fully literate in Microsoft Office required, CRM experience a plus
· Shows commitment to the company by working together and adding value to achieve success
· Bachelor’s degree (required)
· US citizen or permanent resident