Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking highly motivated technical graduate students to join our team in the DC Metro area to support our government clients with the desire to learn the fundamentals of Government consulting. You will work as part of a team helping to solve challenging issues by learning to use industry best-practices and a variety of technologies.
Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in technical consulting, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
As a Technical Consultant, you will provide evidence-based analytics, robust data reporting solutions, and mission-critical communications management for our clients. Our analysts are an essential part of our project teams that help our clients design and implement effective solutions to deliver value and improve business performance.
As a Technical Consultant you will:
- Maintain and support existing client systems and applications
- Assist in the design and implementation of web applications, prototypes, and user interfaces
- Analyze client business requirements and assist translating their needs into technical requirements
- Use strong communications skills to interact with team members and clients on a daily basis
- Engage in critical problem solving
- Create timely and accurate documentation for all work products
- Participate in project planning/estimation with project manager
- Implement tasks in accordance with schedule
- Continuously improve skills, adapt emerging technologies, and apply best practices
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Eligibility for U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree completed prior to start in a relevant field (e.g..: Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or other related field of study)
- 0 to 1 years’ experience working in agile software delivery as a developer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels in an organization
- Java, C, C++, C#, or PHP
- XML, XSLT, WSDL, SOAP, or JSP
- Configuring and working with Linux and Apache web servers
- Configuring and working with Windows and IIS web servers
- Version control with Git, BitBucket (or similar version control tools)
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)