Camp Skylemar, is in search of college students or recent graduates who to make a positive difference in the world, one child at a time. At Skylemar, you’ll have the opportunity to be a leader while teaching, coaching and mentoring kids. Working at Skylemar is the experience of a lifetime. You’ll create lifelong friendships and connections. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the friendships you build will stay with you long after the summer ends. For additional information click here or follow this link to watch a Skylemar video.
Coaches needed for:
· Sports: lacrosse, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, archery, football, soccer & volleyball.
· Water Sports: swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, sailing, water-skiing, wake-boarding, wake-surfing, water-polo & fishing.
Skylemar is looking for staff who are:
· Fun, energetic & creative.
· Enthusiastic about working with boys ages 7-16.
· A positive role-model.
· Able to share our belief that nothing is more important than safety.
· Comfortable teaching all levels, from nervous to competitive.
· Responsible, Supportive & Patient.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college. Compensation package starts at $2,500, including housing, meals and transportation expenses. WIFI, staff shirts and a laundry service are also provided. Camp season runs from June 14 to August 7. Internship credit is available.
Camp Skylemar is a well-established (since 1948) recreational summer camp, located in the Lakes Region of southern Maine. Enrollment is limited to 200 boys from across the country as well as abroad, who attend for 7 weeks. Camp Skylemar has provided outstanding instruction, within a warm, nurturing, friendly and family atmosphere, for over 70 years. If kids are fun to you, you will find that being a counselor at Skylemar is not only a great way to spend the summer, but perhaps the best job you’ll ever have.
Additional information and online application located on our website www.skylemar.com/staff. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org