Join the Bender JCC for our brand new Club J All Day program! Club J All Day is for families with children in grades K – 5 that are in need of support, supervision, and (physically distant) socialization during the virtual school day.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Engage and supervise children while under the position’s care.
- Know how many children are under the position’s care and know who and where they are at all times.
- Safely escort children between activity spaces.
- Provide computer and Zoom help to children as needed.
- Assist children with school assignments, which included but is not limited to math, English, social studies, and science.
- Plan and implement activities during breaks from school.
- Follow directions given by the Lead Staff while demonstrating emerging leadership skills.
- Work with fellow staff members in a team setting.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of children served.
- Interact appropriately with children in a variety of situations.
- Appropriately model behavior and use positive behavior-management techniques (e.g. enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control).
- Utilize active supervision at all times.
- Take part in the daily clean-up of program areas, which includes but is not limited to putting all toys and equipment away and sanitizing shared equipment as instructed.
- Evaluate current programs and provide ongoing feedback.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor, staff and children.
- Comply with and participate in the County and State guidelines.
- Attend all required orientation meetings, staff meetings, and trainings.
- Recognize, respond, and report to supervisor any environmental and/or other hazards.
- Follow safety precautions regarding coronavirus as written by CDC and discussed during trainings. Be willing to change behavior as updates are provided.
- Notify supervisor immediately if you feel ill, someone you have come in contact with has been diagnosed with coronavirus, or you have other reason to believe you may have coronavirus.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed, required, or assigned.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to wear a face mask continuously while working.
- Get on the floor to participate in and supervise activities.
- Be willing to have temperature taken upon arrival at the JCC daily.
Education and Experience:
- Be 18 years of age or above
- Hold a high school diploma, certificate of high school equivalence, or have successfully completed courses for credit from an accredited college or university
- Prior experience working with school-aged children
- Understanding of math, English, science, social studies, and other areas at an elementary school level
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Prior experience using Zoom preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with parents, children, and peers
- Able to get to and from the Bender JCC daily
- Able to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of typical development in school-age children
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington
- Knowledge of the the rules and regulations of the Bender JCC of Greater Washington, including its staff handbook, and willingness to abide by them