The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all accounting activities for the corporation, which includes day-to-day accounting activities company-wide and managing the accounting staff.
- At CalPortland Safety is First. As such we expect following all safety policies, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment and participation in annual MSHA training.
- Work side by side with the plant manager while keeping in compliance under GAAP.
- Manage the timely and accurate completion of the month-end financial close and all post-closing analysis and reporting.
- Present financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis to Plant and CPC management.
- Prepare and coordinate the compilation of the annual plant budget for all departments.
- Work with plant management to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Actively support and execute internal controls via audits and on-going self-assessments ensuring compliance with JSOX.
- Participate in process improvement, standardization and system implementation projects as they arise.
- Work with other accounting managers to share knowledge and best practices
- Backup for daily production reporting
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field
- SAP experience in a manufacturing environment (Preferred)
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB and IFRS reporting standards
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in complex reconciliation functions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word
At CalPortland, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. That’s why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, and retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.