Now hiring full-time Psychiatric Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber at the Brown County Community Treatment Center. Excellent benefit package.
This position provides appropriate mental health services to individuals, medication management including prescribing pharmacological agents, treatments and non-pharmacological therapies for clients of Brown County Human Services, through the development and implementation of service plans. Provides consultation to the nursing staff and the non-medical staff of the Community Treatment Program. Provides community education and consultation regarding mental health issues. Orders and interprets laboratory tests and provides diagnosis of clinical conditions (updated 4-18-16).
- Screens and evaluates individuals to determine appropriate services based on individual client needs.
- Develops and implements service plans that provide for appropriate mental health services to clients and their families.
- Provides treatment to assigned clients, including medication management.
- Provides therapy to individuals, couples and families in individual and group modalities of psychotherapy.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the care rendered to clients under his/her care.
- Maintains the confidential nature of client and business information.
- Provides clinical consultation and supervision to CTP nursing staff and case managers.
- Provides consultation to CTP staff regarding clinical and medical issues.
- Coordinates clients’ medication regime with the pharmacist, laboratory personnel, nursing staff and appropriate CTP staff.
- Provides education to clients and staff on medications, physical illnesses, mental health issues, etc.
- Plans and presents psycho-educational groups to Community Treatment Program clients.
- Provides back-up for psychiatrists, nurses and case managers, as needed.
- Perform Preceptor duties for college students.
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing clients and the rendering of services.
- Maintains responsibility for safe patient care through the use of appropriate planning, implementation and evaluation procedures.
- Facilitates collaboration with other health care professionals, as least 1 of whom shall be a physician, through the use of modern communication techniques.
- Collaborates with physicians and psychiatrists to ensure proper care, ongoing monitoring and laboratory testing and necessary interventions for clients on specific medications.
- Provides community education to the public and various agencies in the area of mental health.
- Attends psychiatric and medical meetings, seminars, staff meetings, in-service trainings and outside agency training sessions to maintain current knowledge of medicines, treatments and therapies.
- Completes and maintains necessary documentation according to applicable requirements, codes and policies.
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests to evaluate and diagnose clinical conditions.
- Prescribes pharmacological agents, administers psychotropic medications.
- (updated 4/18/16)
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in psychiatric/mental health nursing (Clinical Nurse Specialist), plus 3,000 hours of supervised experience in clinical practice; or any combination of education, training and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current Wisconsin Registered Nurse licensure
- Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification
- Licensed with Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers License
- (updated 4/18/16)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of psychopathology, psychopharmacology, psychotherapeutic techniques.
- Current knowledge of terminology, theory, techniques and practice of professional nursing.
- Knowledge of medical conditions which may stimulate mental or emotional problems.
- Knowledge of community human services resources.
- Knowledge of family and group dynamics.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability in stressful working situations.
- Ability to use independent judgment in decision making.
- Ability to maintain records and reports accurately.
- Ability to work the require hours of the position.
- (updated 4/18/16)