Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
Business Services provides high-quality business services to support the Lab’s research initiatives by participating in cross-functional teams with a focus on risk mitigation and cost management, which is a critical component to the Lab’s success. Led by Chief Financial Officer George Clark, Brookhaven’s Business Services Directorate includes the Budget Office, Fiscal Services Division, Information Technology Division, and Procurement & Property Management Division. The Directorate manages a broad range of financial activities, including the planning and implementation of the Lab’s fiscal matters and its approximately $700 million annual budget.
The Information Technology Division (ITD) provides expertise in computing hardware and software support, as well as telecommunications services for the entire Laboratory. ITD investigates, recommends, and automates process improvements to business systems within the Lab community. ITD oversees library, publications and records management.
Responsibilities include the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of information systems utilizing Microsoft Office and Microsoft Power Platform. Works directly with stakeholders under direction of senior technical staff in collecting requirements, implementing solutions, instructing end users, documenting and resolving issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and configure new SharePoint sites, add document libraries, lists, and forms.
- Provide problem solving expertise and analysis to design, build, and document workflows using Power Automate.
- Work with Analysts and Business Users to turn functional specifications into complete solutions.
- Administer SharePoint, monitor and report on overall usage.
- Help to ensure high availability and security of SharePoint and related systems to meet business needs.
- Utilize Power BI to create dashboards and reports according to business and operational needs.
- Perform ad-hoc testing of custom software.
- Follow company guidelines for programming and documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science with up to one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Expressed desire and the ability to provide solutions as well as end user support for SharePoint Online and Power Automate.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all the following groups: project managers, application developers, DBAs, vendors, end users, and management.
- The ability to respond to requests, issues, and attend meetings during a typical workday.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- After hours availability, troubleshooting, and support may be required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expertise (experience, certification, or coursework) with the following: SharePoint, Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI, PowerShell, Microsoft Teams, T-SQL, Visual Studio, .Net, C#.
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
- Computer use: Lifting, moderate 15-30 lbs.; Arm/hand dexterity; Vision, good near;
- Participation in meetings: Ability to speak; Hear & understand speech;
- Software design: Vision, good near; Vision, normal color.
- Requires the ability to work remotely during BNL’s response to COVID-19.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs;
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis).
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab.We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Brookhaven employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by Brookhaven. The full text of the Order may be found at: https://www.directives.doe.gov/directives-documents/400-series/0486.1-BOrder-a/@@images/file