What We Do
A Bristol West Liability Claims Representative will take part in ongoing training which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement. Using claims systems to accurately document files, you will manage a diary and handle first and third party auto claims promptly, proactively and with a sense of urgency.
What You’ll Do
- Securing essential facts about accidents, negotiating settlements and explaining denials to policyholders
- Review of pending claims, managing diaries, updating claims files, executing on outstanding items and moving files to closure through the use of established procedures and job aids while navigating multiple computer applications
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property and vehicles
- Determine and report on subrogation potential
- Report theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry.
What You Bring
· Strong customer service and negotiation skills.
· Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Strong attention to detail, time management and decision making skills.
· Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
· Ability to multi-task and manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
· Intermediate computer skills including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn and navigate multiple technology platforms while interacting with customers.
As a full-time employee, you’ll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Package with a wide range of benefits.
Some of the most popular benefits include opportunities for: Bonus based on performance, 401K company contribution of 4% and match up to 6%, 20 days of Paid Time Off (prorated based on start date), paid holidays, and medical, dental and vision plans!
- 401(k) company contribution
- Bonuses based on performance
- Annual performance reviews for raises
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress- including shorts
- Fitness and dining facilities
- Volunteer opportunities
Please note, this is not a virtual position; however due to the current environment, our employees are working from home. This position will be temporarily a virtual / work from home experience until our company determines to bring employees back into the office environment.