Product Photography & Retouching Specialist, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open office workspace in the heart of Union Square encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent team building events, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Product Photography & Retouching Specialist assists in the production of our online product catalog and product website assets. As a member of our E-Commerce team, you will collaborate to ensure our online product listings are organized and maintained to the highest standard on our website. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in and knowledge of photography and photography editing programs, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Our E-commerce team is dedicated to cultivating a joyful and luxurious consumer brand, with an emphasis on an exceptional user experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Capture and edit visually engaging product photography and videos for our online catalog and marketing assets.
- Perform high volume image editing including advanced masking, shadow creation, background changes, and overall aesthetic changes as requested by art direction leadership.
- Manage photography and retouch workflows, including review of catalog imagery from photography team and ensuring proper storage and meta data entry.
- Ensure and oversee quality control of imagery including technical specifications, digital output, and naming conventions.
- Conduct audits of our online catalog and image assets, ensuring imagery closely adheres to guidelines and QA standards.
- Respond to and correct in a timely fashion quality control issues, such as missing or incorrect images.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of merchandising, production, product development, operations, sales, and marketing.
- BA degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of product photography and retouching experience, jewelry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter
- Robust computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.