Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic human resources coordinator who will be based out of our Washington, DC office.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The human resources coordinator will work closely with other members of the HR team to assist with the coordination of day-to-day initiatives. Areas of focus include but are not limited to; onboarding/orientations, recruitment & selection, compliance, employee morale, and HR systems administration/reporting. The coordinator will proactively support the senior director and manager with day-to-day tasks.
Coordinates all aspects of B&D’s onboarding programs to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Manages the onboarding process for all staff, including new hire paperwork, orientation trainings and social events. Works with hiring manager to plan and schedule onboarding for new hires during their first month.
- Coordinates all new hire first day orientations and provides schedules to recruiters in advance of employee’s start date. Participates in orienting entry level employees.
- Works closely with the Senior Director and project staff to plan and execute semiannual orientations programs. Coordinates schedules.
- Works with Marketing to ensure that new hires are added and maintained on the B&D website.
- Manages business card orders. Creates and ships new hire packages with resources and company branded products.
Assists with administration of the ADP human resources information system (HRIS) and iCIMS applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Utilizes iCIMS for tracking applicants, interviews and all communication pertaining to recruitment.
- Maintains ADP main home page that is viewable to employees. Ensures that all information and resources remain up to date. Posts regular updates to staff regarding important HR information.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports from ADP and iCIMS to be shared and reviewed team meetings.
- Acts as primary help desk support for employees and managers for ADP training, troubleshooting and access issues.
Supports the recruitment and selection process to efficiently hire qualified talent with diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
- Posts B&D job listings with various professional and university job boards, as well as the ESDS sites.
- Sources and identifies qualified candidates through various avenues including: online job boards, ESDS sites, colleges, job fairs, and direct sourcing through a network of contacts.
- Actively seeks to develops and sustain relationships with nationwide diverse professional organizations and universities.
- Reviews resumes and applications, and assists with initial selection of candidates.
- Coordinates interview logistics including candidate correspondence, scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.
- Conducts informational phone screens to build pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Performs reference and background checks on successful candidates.
- Administers all pre-employment testing to include writing, grammar and Excel.
- Participates in year-round campus recruiting.
Supports employee morale initiatives.
- Plans regular social and wellness events (currently virtual).
- Plans and coordinates annual Bring Your Child to Work Day program.
- Acts as a resource for all B&D offices to encourage and help coordinate social activities.
- Keeps track of and organizes employee gifts, flowers, etc. for major life events.
- Works closely with the HR team to develop new ways to support employee morale and employee wellness.
Supports talent management and development initiatives.
- Manages B&D University online training system.
- Ensures all employees are set up in system accurately with appropriate training plans and runs monthly reports.
- Assists with the development and coordination of various training programs to include human relations skills, management skills, time management and communication.
- Supports the employee performance evaluation process, providing training and guidance on completing of the ADP form.
Assists with federal and state compliance regulations.
- Processes all new hires through E-Verify system.
- Assists with maintaining up to date personnel files that are in compliance with federal and state guidelines.
- Ensures that compliance posters are ordered and displayed in all B&D offices.
- Orders and distributes safety gear as needed.
Assists with storage and organization of team documents.
- Regularly checks job descriptions to ensure most up to date descriptions are available to employees.
- Maintains Box HR folders.
- Ensures that the HR resources folder contains up to date information and is organized.
Performs additional duties as needed, which include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in weekly team meetings and quarterly strategy meetings.
- Assists the HR team with set up of all meetings ensuring that technology is ready, water is set up, and food is ordered if needed.
- Maintains inventory of new hire items such as books, business cards, and other branded products. Places orders as needed.
- Assists with special requests and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of HR generalist experience in a professional environment required.
- Some knowledge of HR theories and best practices in recruitment, employee relations, employment law compliance, and benefits administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, ADP Workforce Now, and other relevant computer software (i.e., knowledge databases, applicant tracking systems, etc.)is preferred.
- Adaptability, analytical & critical thinking, initiative & motivation, decision making & judgment, customer service, teamwork, diversity awareness, team player, integrity, leadership, long-term focus, strong attention to detail & ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional work environment, exemplifying grit and grace under pressure.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism with a strong work ethic and integrity.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and risk taking.
- Aptitude and self-motivation for continuous learning, professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and assertiveness.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as collaboratively in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Clear support for the firm’s mission, values, and operating paradigm.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds.