We are an innovative startup from Bosch, called Security and Safety Things (https://www.securityandsafetythings.com/), working to build an open application platform for IP cameras. Using our Android-based (AOSP) operating system, developers can build edge-based computer vision applications to solve traditional problems in the area of security and safety as well as advanced use cases for business intelligence. We are enabling our partners to develop applications in domains such as smart cities, airport security, brick-and-mortar retail analytics, smart buildings, manufacturing, and more.
Let’s build better security and safety systems. Together!
Our AOSP-based operating system enables third party developers to build headless Android apps that run on directly on IP cameras from a wide range of manufacturers. Our team’s role is to enable the creation of these apps by building software frameworks, advanced proofs-of-concept, and development tools to speed adoption of the platform. To do this we work in the areas of computer vision, deep learning, analytics, and Internet of Things. We work in close collaboration with third party development partners to gather their requirements and make sure our software is helping them to be more effective at building analytic apps.
- Develop software libraries and APIs for our AOSP-based operating system, leveraging the newest Android SDKs
- Develop proof-of-concept apps using state-of-the-art image processing and deep learning libraries
- Working as part of an agile team using the latest tools for rapid development, continuous integration, and deployment
- Actively participate in all phase of software development life cycle
- Eliciting requirements from 3rd party developers and delivering APIs to accelerate the development of their edge-based applications and distributed solutions
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Several years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficient in Java and Android Development
- Previous work experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with using and/or implementing REST services
- MS Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with native Android development using C/C++ and Android NDK
- Experience with IoT applications and embedded development
- Experience with Computer Vision libraries such as openCV
- Experience with common Deep Learning libraries and tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, SNPE
- Experience in developing APIs
- Continuous integration and devops technologies such as gitlab, Jenkins, ansible, terraform
We want you here for the long haul, so your career goals are important to us. You can expect to
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact – Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds – Enjoy the benefits of an dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters – Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture – we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable – We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself – Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
- Last but not least: Pittsburgh is a leading hub for artificial intelligence and robotics, and is highly ranked in The Economist’s Global Liveability Ranking.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)