The Staff Accountant I role reports to the Assistant Controller. This role maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and is a team player.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General Accounting Duties
- Prepare cost/budget report for Director of Marketing & Communications
- Prepare manual invoicing for by-product
- Record payroll
- Assists the Senior and Fixed Asset accountants on as-needed basis
- Reconcile cash
Month-end closing procedures
- Payroll accrual, and other accruals
- Monthly recurring entries
- Analyze pre-paid accounts and ensure month end balance is complete and accurate
- Maintain various balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to reconciliations, journals, audit requests, etc.
- Intercompany reconciliations and billings
Standard operating Procedures
- Document standard working procedures for tasks you’re responsible for
Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) Reconciliation
- Monitor GRNI accounts
- Notify appropriate parties of aged GRNI
- Process/write-off GRNI
- Prepare re-class entry at month-end
- Provide auditors with supporting documents/schedules for various GL
- Walk-through with auditors policies and procedures for various processes you are responsible for
- Assist in preparation of schedules/reports to be provided to tax accountants
Special projects upon request
II.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2-4 years accounting/finance experience or 1-2 internships
- Demonstrate high degree of PC literacy (in Windows environment) with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software.
- Strong multi tasker, excellent problem solving skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong skills in analysis of financial information.
- Works with general supervision.