Core Development Activities
- With high proficiency, develops applications and services according to functional/business requirements, technical architecture, and technical design documentation
- Development and programming that includes custom PL/SQL for application integrations and interfaces, data fixes,.
- Development of RICEW (Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions and Workflows) objects in E-Business Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS modules at a time that includes Inventory, Financials, Order Management, Warehouse Management (WMS) preferred.
- Production Support that includes firefighting with hot production issues, troubleshooting application problems working with IT internal teams, IT support/service desk, and Oracle Customer Support as necessary to resolve them quickly.
- Work with the technical architect to create and present technical architecture and strategic solutions.
- Work with business partners to understand and capture requirements
- Understand function & business requirements and translate into technical design.
- Writes and follows written unit test plans to ensure highest quality work. Perform unit testing and system integration testing; document test cases; present to QA team updates work to specification and work properly with documented test results.
- Follow System Development Life Cycle (SDLC); hands on code packing, code source control, code review for peers, demo to QA.
Process and Working Practices
- Prepare weekly timesheets and status reports to management in addition to maintaining a work task list ensuring deliverables are met as scheduled and committed.
- Provide on call rotational support of critical business applications as scheduled and required in a professional and business-like manner.
- Demonstrate ability aptitude in logical and analytical thinking, as well as display strong problem solving skills with experience in using diagnostic tools.
- Learn and continue to gain business process and operations knowledge.
- Communicate product readiness, level of quality, and results to project team members. Effectively communicates complex business and technical information to various audience levels including senior management, business community and staff members.
- Meets project deadlines and focuses on a task until it is complete by managing personal workload. Proficiency in working on more than one project at a time. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced constantly evolving workplace.
- Other project and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
Educational and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, equivalent experience, or degree in similar field required. Master’s degree desired.
- 1 -3 years IT programming experience with ability to learn new programming languages
- Ability to write good SQL queries to extract data from the database/
- 1-3 years relevant experience in Oracle Applications development preferred.
- Experience with coding/programming experience that includes form extensions & personalization, custom PL/SQL for application integrations and interfaces.
- Oracle EBS functional knowledge in some of the Oracle ERP R12 modules such as Financials, Inventory, Order Management, Warehouse Management (WMS) preferred
- Knowledge in Oracle EBS tables and internal APIs preferred
- Experience working in SQL Developer, Jira, web applications
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and multi-team environment.
- Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC); hands on experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with business partners and internal team members.
- Effective collaboration and team work skills while contributing to a highly functioning matrixes cross-departmental project team.
- Adapt to change and work under pressure.
- Detailed oriented, critical thinker with the ability to multi-task in a high performance team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Promotes and ensures effective team interaction.