I. Job Summary
Responsible for procurement of IT related hardware, software, licenses (including maintenance and support), supplies and consulting services consistent with Corporate policies and procedures. Maintains relationships with vendors and contractors to insure exemplary service and delivery. Support IT Procurement Manager by working together to design, develop and prepare accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, providing financial guidance and general business direction for influencing business decisions and the achievement of department goals. Supports and coordinates the IT team’s training plans, coordination, and finances. Other duties as assigned by the IT Procurement Manager.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of purchase requests through the Service Desk, review each issue for completeness, obtain clarification from customers where required; obtain Request for Quotes (RFQ) when applicable; and oversee the creation, approval and delivery of all IT purchase orders.
- Ensure that IT Procurement is the primary contact and communication facilitator between company customers and vendors for all IT related purchases regardless of origin.
- Compile and release to vendors Requests for Quotes (RFQ’s / RFP’s), as necessary, for both capital and expense projects.
- Search for and evaluate new or alternative vendors.
- Assist in monitoring and reconciling the on-going IT budget and gain alignment on project budgets. Assist in documenting and implementing standards with appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Procurement Manager.
- Support, manage, and review, where applicable, all IT contracts for software, hardware, and consulting services across the organization. Interact, where necessary, with corporate legal and Finance to review and modify contracts as necessary.
- Oversee and maintain the license database for license renewals.
IT Budgets & Financial Analysis
- Support the financial reporting and analysis for overall IT spend.
- Support audit & budgeting processes.
Other Job Functions
- ·Administer IT contract/consulting staff support services (onboarding/termination process, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with purchasing and accounting policies.
- Advise and assist IT staff in obtaining technical and or support services from vendors.
- Process monthly expense reports for Company American Express Corporate Card for purchases outside the system.
- Supports and coordinates the IT team’s training plans, coordination, and finances.
III. Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Technical or related discipline.
- Preferred but not necessary, 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and multi-team environment.
- Demonstrate skills utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of tools and expert proficiency of Excel is a must, ability to formulate detailed analysis.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with IT contracting.
- Will train/mentor the right candidate.
IV. Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, be highly organized, and work autonomously and under pressure. Ability to identify problems and apply creative solutions.
- Proven professional communication, interpersonal, persuasion, presentation, and customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Thoroughness with attention to details, identifying necessary data elements with minimal oversight