Date: Jan 9, 2021
Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76131
Apply early as this job may be filled at any time.
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
• be treated with dignity and respect.
• have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
• have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a one week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
Relocation assistance may be provided to those who are moving more than 50 driving miles from their permanent residence.
Work Location: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: January, February, June or July 2021
Salary Range: $59,000
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews, testing, and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Groups that the Management Trainee may be placed into include:
- Treasury and Risk Management – oversees all cash management, debt offerings, parent dividends, and manages insurance policies, vendors, and all other components for managing risk.
- Fuel – oversees all aspects of the company’s fuel operations.
- Strategic Studies – works with Operations, Marketing, Network Design and all other departments within the company to evaluate opportunities to ensure that we commit our capital to the most advantageous of opportunities.
- Cost & Profitability – reports out on different segments of the business’ profitability.
- Production Accounting – Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Revenue Billing.
- Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting – Capital Investment Accounting, General Accounting, External Reporting.
- Facilities & Property Management – involved in all property and real estate transactions of the company.
- Budgets – oversees the budgets for Engineering, Mechanical, Transportation, Technology Services and Staff.
- Corporate Performance Measures – involved in everything that the railroad needs measured.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monthly accounting closes, internal and external financial reporting, subsidiary accounting, operational accounting, planning, income statement and balance sheet forecasting, maintenance of fixed asset records, capital expenditure reporting and ad hoc requests.
Additionally, qualified candidates must be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- Primarily an office environment, with some field activities.
- Normal office hours, Monday through Friday, with weekend or evening work as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Accounting from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree in Accounting within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Previous work experience in an accounting or finance related environment.
- Proficiency in advanced functions of the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using SAP or ERP system.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status.
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Accounting, Financial, Manager, Trainee, Engineer, Entry Level, Finance, Management, Engineering