Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Today, doing a home renovation is an abysmal consumer experience and not easy for contractors either. Block democratizes access to high-end design, while combining design, construction, and materials into a streamlined experience. Block simplifies a complex and convoluted process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work. We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
About the Role
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a background in sales and general interest in working in a high-growth environment. This role takes a consultative approach to working with clients, understanding their goals and educating them on the realities of renovating. A general knowledge and interest in construction or design is certainly nice to have knowing you’ll be building a scope of work for clients and convincing them Block is the best fit for their project.
What you’ll do:
- Prospect new opportunities, build a pipeline and speak to prospective clients
- Qualify leads and determine prospect motivation, offering solutions and support
- Craft, collaborate and continue to tweak sales strategy and growth goals with broader business
- Manage the entire sales cycle from qualifying a client to securing a deal
- Master the art of the in-person sale by understanding the basics in a construction environment and the Block value proposition
- Regularly communicate successes and roadblocks to the manager to better inform the team’s goals and targets
- Develop creative, fun, and innovative ways to connect and build out your relationships with potential partners and share across the team
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
- Maintaining daily KPIs and metrics
What you’ll need:
- 2-5 years of sales experience
- General interest in construction and design
- Ability to work some weekends and evening hours to best support Block’s customers
- Hustle, ambition and drive to hit and exceed goals
- Strong social and communication skills as well as comfort in talking to new people
- Grit – we love a team player who is not afraid of new challenges and embraces them!
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as our business grows and develops
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Reliable transportation across the LA metro area and a willingness to travel locally
- An all-hands on deck mentality and adaptability to think through strategic sales goals creatively. Even our co-founders embrace cold-calling; we are a very flat organization!
- Early stage employee equity
- Salary + uncapped commission
- Vacation days and company holidays
- 100% employer subsidized health insurance, dental, vision
- 12 weeks fully paid family leave + optional leave
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Force simplicity
- Problems are our fuel
- Collaborate with tenacity and humility
- Save money where we should
- Speed is our advantage
If you’re interested, please click on this link to apply directly!