BLH Technologies, Inc., an award-winning company specializing in communications, information technology, training and technical assistance (TTA), and safety monitoring solutions for Federal and commercial clients, seeks a TTA Associate. The ideal candidate will have both a background in and experience with research and programs serving children, families, and underserved communities, and dealing with issues such as employment and training, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), child welfare, food assistance, disability, domestic violence, child support enforcement, and/or early childhood education.
BLH staff are currently working virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but eventually the successful candidate will work out of BLH’s headquarters office in Rockville, Maryland. This position may require work-related travel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in developing and writing TTA content and products, such as literature reviews, environmental scans, briefings, and other research related TTA projects.
· Assist with webinar planning and logistics, including development and facilitation.
· Organize TTA meetings and site visits, including agenda development and travel and logistical support.
· Perform notetaking tasks and develop summary reports for TTA and client meetings.
· Research and summarize relevant resources for TTA website content and electronic newsletter for TANF field.
· Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis that supports effective TTA development, delivery, and evaluation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a social science, public health, or related discipline is required.
· Direct research and report writing experience.
· Interest in or experience with social and human services programs for children, families, and underserved communities.
· Knowledge of the workforce development field and/or the TANF program is a plus.
· Outstanding communication skills – verbal, written, and interpersonal.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Experience with Webinar platforms, such as Adobe Connect, Zoom, or GoToWebinar.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize a varied workload in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Ability to travel in support of TTA events.
· Attention to detail is essential.