BLH Technologies, Inc., an award-winning company specializing in public health, communications, technology, and safety monitoring solutions for Federal and commercial clients, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Federal clients on location. The Administrative Assistant will be a responsible for providing administrative support to our client’s Senior-level leadership in a fast-paced office environment.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel, outside activities, official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms.
- Set up and format spreadsheets, gather and analyze information about processes and programs; prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for updates to programs, policies, and activities.
- Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic files and maintain administrative databases.
- Compile data to create and maintain slides for presentation.
- Maintain calendars, coordinate meetings, workshops and training courses for staff; schedule conference rooms for multiple staff.
- Provide support with timekeeping duties.
- Track, record and direct manuscripts to reviewers.
- Note commitments made during executive level meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
- Arrange for staff members to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establish appointment priorities, and reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations if appropriate.
- Read outgoing correspondence for executive level approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive level’s viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve concerns that might arise.
- In the executive level’s absence ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff; decide whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues.
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; coordinate the new information with background office sources; draw attention to important parts or conflicts.
- Provide products/documents related to any/all work activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Administration, Communications, Business administration or related discipline. Minimum five (5) years of experience in a related field.
- Experience providing support for Federal government staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access).
- Experience with the setup, organization, and management of virtual meetings using Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, or similar services.
- Strong interpersonal/communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.