Our architectural group is searching for talented individuals to support the design of unique federal facilities around the world. We work in a collaborative environment to understand each unique design challenge in order to provide the best possible solution.
This position requires performing routine aspects of architectural assignments within medium and complex designs under the close supervision of the lead architect. These assignments require knowledge and application of basic architectural principles. Projects begin with understanding multiple government requirements, the client’s budget, and the user’s needs. Projects may include participating in the charrette process. Project execution will involve being part of a team working together to develop construction documents and assisting in construction phase services.
- Working under the close supervision of the lead architect to provide excellent design solutions
- Developing construction documents under supervision
- Supporting effective client relationships, anticipating and providing services that exceed client expectations
- Assisting in the charrette process
- Developing presentation materials
- Working collaboratively with all disciplines
- Providing sustainable design solutions and supporting sustainability in the work environment
- Anticipating and adopting innovations in business digital and technology applications, cultivating innovations
- Assist in marketing and business development related efforts related to existing and new federal clients
- Monitoring compliance with project requirements and building codes
- Understanding and adhering to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
Requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB or a recognized accredited program. No experience required. All applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Black & Veatch (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa, or any other non-immigrant status). All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.