Research Assistant Position
Interested applicants should send a CV and Letter of Interest and prior experience to Christine Grady at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2021. Please include the names and contact information for 2 -3 references.
The Department of Bioethics at the NIH Clinical Center is seeking a Research Assistant. The Department is a leader in bioethics research using a variety of research methods (ranging from normative analyses to primary empirical methods, both qualitative and quantitative).
Responsibilities will include:
- Handle concurrent deadlines and tasks
- Assist with data acquisition (using a variety of methods under the supervision of the investigator), recruitment, entry, management and display for Departmental research studies.
- Conduct literature searches, gather and synthesize background information, and assist with manuscript preparation for research studies and manuscript submission.
- Prepare materials for IRB submission, manuscript transmittals, and other necessary approvals or reviews as needed
- Assist in maintenance of Departmental metrics and databases
- Help coordinate the logistics of courses and workshops, including the course Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research
Opportunities include attending bioethics seminars and working closely with Department staff and fellows in a collaborative, highly collegial, and interdisciplinary environment. The research assistant will be hired on a contract basis with the possibility of a longer-term arrangement.
- Reliability, maturity, and good task and time-management skills
- Willingness to work with multiple people, and handle and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
- Excellent library, computer, oral and written communication skills; evidence of ability to perform library and web-based research
- Experience working with and managing data
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., STATA) is desirable
- Must have at least a BA/BS; prior experience in research desirable
- Persons with master’s level training are also encouraged to apply.
Department of Bioethics
Building 10, 1C118
NIH Clinical Center
Bethesda, MD 20892