Join a team of oncology social workers to provide clinical social work services to patients/families on the inpatient bone marrow transplant service (BMT). As a highly valued member of the team, this full time social worker will provide consultation to the team around psychosocial aspects of care that impact patient care and management. Responsibilities include: short term counseling, bereavement support. Will also assist with the development of safe discharge plans. May also assist in the outpatient assessment of patients being evaluated for BMT. Opportunities exist to develop groups and other programs to best meet patient/family needs.
Job Summary: Under clinical supervision, responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families in assigned patient population. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe and effective patient care.
Reports to the social work manager / manager of clinical service area
- Provides clinical services to patients and families that address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize emotional, social, and physical well being and the appropriate and efficient use of health care resources.. Meets productivity standards set by clinical service area.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria for identifying patients’ needs. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as indicated. Partners with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care planning.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate to setting. Provides timely and appropriate communication and documentation in medical record. Provides consultation and education regarding psycho-social issues affecting patient care. Advises and addresses ethical and risk management issues.
- Presents and/or discusses clinical work in formal and informal settings and seminars. Participates in CQI efforts and in After Hours Program as needed. Partners with advanced staff on research. Presents clinical material and theory at teaching conferences and seminars.
- Participates in one’s own clinical supervision as appropriate to level of professional development. Serves as a content resource for multidisciplinary staff; and may serve as mentor/trainer/clinical supervisor to less experienced staff.
- Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker required., or Registration Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New graduates and out of state MSW prepared Social Workers are expected to obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months of hire date. Will need to work under the direct clinical supervision by a licensed social worker and have all notes co-signed until license has been obtained.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.