Experienced Construction Management Specialist that works under the supervision of a Professional of Record and/or Program Manager. This position displays construction management skills within the Fire Protection discipline to determine a project’s compliance with construction documents, specifications, building codes, and other regulations for multiple project types.
- Able to do cross-discipline observations, plan reviews and scopes.
- Perform Site Survey (Scope) and/or Feasibility Studies to collect and/or verify Client and site information including preliminary conditions, design needs/requirements, and cost.
- Provide information to maintain daily logs and supplement observation records with photographs.
- Communicate and coordinate system performance or construction status with Program Manager, other disciplines, Client Construction Manager, Contractors, and Owner/Client.
- Communicate and collaborate with Team Members, Program Manager, other disciplines, and Clients to obtain necessary information for Construction Management services.
- Meet project and team deadlines.
- Review project documents for constructability to reduce design and/or installation errors.
- May review documents prepared by other Team Members for accuracy, scope of work, based on acceptable Construction Practices as directed.
- Observe building systems to determine if they are installed per plans, specifications, and adherence to building codes.
- Documentation of deviations and/or findings based on the observation with photos and reports, verify project status/completion.
- Perform Functional Performance Tests (FPT) on various systems.
- Documentation of deviations and/or findings based on the FPT / Commissioning with photos and reports, verify project status/completion.
- Train other team members.
- Must have one or more of the following:
- 5 years specialized work experience in at least one of the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Fire Protection, Construction Management systems.
- 2 years post-secondary education in Construction Management or related field and 3 years applicable work experience.
- Journeyman or Masters License.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Design or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in Costworks or other estimating programs.
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or REVIT platforms.