Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a technical publication professional.
- Own and manage project milestones associated with publishing well-defined changes to technical manuals, from content inception through final delivery.
- Manage technical manual production deliverables, schedule, and scope while interfacing with customers, contractors, engineers, and end users.
- Edit, format, and proofread technical documents for publication in accordance with quality specifications and governing documents.
- Ensure that information technology designs meet the needs of the end user while employing advancements in technology to produce interactive online technical manuals from Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Provide technical writing support as needed to BPMI’s departments.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work independently and in teams.
- Technical writing, editing, and publishing experience within engineering, manufacturing, or software industry.
- Experience with MS Word and SGML/XML source files.
- Experience working with file configuration software and administrative databases.
- Ability to learn new technologies and aptitude to understand IT concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Professional Writing/Editing, Publishing Studies, English, Communications, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree or Certificate in Writing, Editing, or Publishing preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for new college graduates.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
– 401(k) Plan with company match
– Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.