The Systems Site Manager job position falls within the Bastian Systems Team. The Site Manager is responsible for a Systems project and will be capable of all phases of a project implementation including: Initial Site Layout, Subcontractor Management, Customer Management onsite, Inventory Management and receipt of equipment, Jobsite Safety, Site communication, device troubleshooting, System Checkout and Start up, Inventory Management, validation of System throughput and efficiencies, and customer training. The Site Manager helps our company meet its mission is to help our customers compete in their markets by providing the best material handling system solutions and technology. This position typically requires a Bachelor of Engineering or Technology degree or 5+ years industry experience.
**This is a high travel position**
• Work with Project Manager and Project Engineers assisting with overall project execution.
• Conduct full scope of project services as outlined in the overview above.
• Deliver successful projects with regards to customer satisfaction, schedule, time, and budget.
• Communicate with other Bastian team members effectively. Keep your manager and Lead advised of
schedule. Check and use voice mail / e-mail diligently. Maintain the team relationship.
• Attend training and become certified in applicable technologies or programs.
• Communicate strategic information regarding suppliers, customers and competition.
• Work with Project Engineering to create complete CAD packages both for installation and as-built
• Work with our Software and Controls teams to ensure overall commission progresses as planned.
• Develop processes to help support our team growth.
• Solve problems for our team and customers.
• Attend weekly meetings and other scheduled meetings on time.
• Recruit and critique key suppliers of technology/software.
• Maintain a consistently positive, enthusiastic attitude.
• Promote Bastian in all appropriate forums.
• Any and all job duties as assigned.
• Help our customers to be successful in their specific markets.
• Deliver projects that meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
• Deliver projects under budgeted time and hours.
• Meet project schedule.
• Develop repeat customers.
• Contribute to project teams, providing help outside of commissioning scope when required.
• Be a great team member and contributor within the office.
• Establish beneficial relationships with our key supplier products and services.
• Develop new standards, techniques or equipment that will help maintain Bastian as a leader in our
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor of Engineering or Technology or 5+ years industry experience
• Hands on mechanical and electrical capabilities
• Extremely computer literate with MS Office products
• AutoCAD experience preferred
• PLC Programming preferred
• Material Handling Experience Required.