The Quality Assurance team is the primary proponent for all quality assurance programs affecting Bastian Software Solutions (BSS). The QA Specialist is integral in supporting the QA group to perform quality testing for existing, modified, and custom software to be implemented for BSS’s clients, as well as leading other process improvement initiatives. This person manages the development of complete test plans as well as conducts quality, stress, regression and load tests for software programs developed at BSS and Bastian India. The QA Specialist will perform complete validation ensuring that all software modules meet functional specifications, software design documents, and end user requirements.
General Job Duties
· Database Analysis. Performs backend database validation in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, including validating queries, updates, stored procedures, maintenance plans, data migration, and triggers.
· Requirements Analysis. Analyzes project requirements from specifications, maps test cases to requirements and designs test coverage plan.
· Test Case Management. Develops, documents, and maintains functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, data validation, and automated scripts to validate all project requirements are fulfilled.
· Test Plan Management. Holds and facilitates test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members. Creates and executes User Acceptance Test plans with project team.
· Software Testing. Executes and evaluates manual and automated test cases and records test results.
· Issue Management. Identifies any potential quality issues per defined process and escalates high priority quality issues immediately to project team and management.
· Defect Management. Isolates, replicates, documents, and reports root cause defects and verifies defect fixes.
· Environment Management. Creates and maintains virtual machines for the customers whose programs are being tested. The analyst is responsible for maintaining synchronized environments and documenting changes.
· Software Installation. Installs software promotes on test environments, performs needed configurations, and ensures that the program performs correctly. When called upon, may also help project managers to do the same thing in production environments.
· Software Configuration. Understands the available configurations and is able to set and test appropriately for the project and test case being performed.
Superior Performance Objectives
· Delivers fast, bug free software that is exciting to our customers and greatly enhances their productivity with limited oversight.
· Customers are satisfied with the quality of work BSS delivers.
· Competence of the latest proven quality control tools and environments.
· Maintaining best practices in quality control standards.
· Competence of the latest proven database administration tools and environments.
· Provide helpful input on how we can improve our product and processes on an on-going basis.
· Follows approved software development life cycle.
· Fosters productive and positive working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
· Overnight Travel up to 15%.
- 2+ years of relevant QA technical experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving capability (business and technical)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working in the software development and automation technology field (very computer literate)
- Strong quality control, quality assurance and computer skills including: TFS, manual and automated testing tools, and various Databases (SQL Server and Oracle).
· Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.