The Project Engineer I position is an entry role within the Systems Engineering Team. A Project Engineer I generally is new to our field with minimal or no prior experience. The Project Engineer I should demonstrate an eagerness to learn our industry and the various aspects involved with our system designs and equipment applications. The Project Engineer I will be involved with supporting multiple projects and quotations with direct supervision and will be exposed to various phases of project engineering including: concepting and application research, sales support, estimating, component selection, conveyor system design, ACAD layouts of material handling systems, soliciting vendor pricing, supporting on site installation, debug and system commissioning. A primary focus of the Project Engineer I is providing exposure to various applications and processes supporting the detailed concepting and design of automated material handling systems. Working closely with supervision, the Project Engineer I will be trained to use AutoCAD and/or BastianCAD design programs when designing our systems. In addition, the Project Engineer I will be exposed to various aspects of the AutoCAD programs which support the generation of equipment costing using our automated AutoCAD pricing tools and working with select suppliers.
• Learn to efficiently use AutoCAD programs to create material handling system designs
• Ability to read and interpret engineered layout drawings
• Follow and comply with Engineering Department processes
• Develop the ability of working somewhat independently, with supervision, to develop creative and
cost-effective system concepts utilizing general material handling application principles
• Support project execution that result in right to site, on time delivery, meeting budget, and a high
level of customer satisfaction
• Assist with AutoCAD drawings, quotes, spare parts orders, and other general design responsibilities
• Communicate with other Bastian team members effectively. Keep managers and team leads advised
of schedule and concerns.
• Support Recruiting Job Fairs, etc., when applicable
• Maintain consistent positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Any and all job duties as assigned
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Demonstrates the ability to accept guidance from experienced team members, team leaders, and
the management team while working in a team environment
• Concurrently support engineering efforts, with supervision, for multiple projects and quotations
• Developing technical problem-solving capabilities through expanded application experience
• Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and meet deadlines
• Solid communication skills, both verbally and written
• Proactive in addressing conflicts. Always stays professional through conflicts
• Demonstrates the ability to follow our Design Standards and Application Guides when developing
our system designs and implementing our projects.
• Demonstrates computer literacy with MS Office products.
• Willingness to assist all Toyota and Bastian Solutions Employees
• Team player. Happy, Ambitious, Positive, and Energetic Attitude, with a keen sense of superior
• Demonstrate an eagerness to develop an understanding of material handling applications and
• Team member will be exposed to and will support engineering tasks for multiple projects utilizing
• Develop solid proficiency with AutoCAD, BastianCAD, and HyCAD to support the design efforts for
our projects and quotations through continued exposure.
• Ability to work closely with our Team Leaders, Senior PEs, and PEs within the team environment
• A Project Engineer I should consistently demonstrate the capability of working with limited
supervision to develop creative and cost-effective system concepts utilizing an understanding of basic material handling application principles.
• Consistently display the ability to follow and comply with our Engineering Department processes
• Develop the ability to identify potential issues and to demonstrate the ability to analyze application
challenges and develop solutions for the challenges.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently to support special projects, etc., as applicable
• Attends multiple internal and/ or vendor training programs for various technologies and
• Consistently demonstrates the skill of self-evaluating and critiquing their system designs and project work.
• Develop expanded application knowledge through work at our jobsites while assisting our site teams with various phases of our installation and commissioning processes.