The controls commissioning engineer job position falls within the Bastian Controls Team. The controls commissioning engineer is responsible for multiple controls projects and will be capable of all phases of a controls project including: concept and research, sales support, estimating, component selection, network design, panel design, ACAD layout, purchasing, device troubleshooting, PLC/VLC programming, HMI tagging, on site installation and debug, and after sales support with the main focus on onsite commissioning. The controls engineer helps our company meet its mission is to help our customers compete in their markets by providing the best material handling system solutions and technology.
General Job Duties
· Work with Controls Project Manager and assist him with overall project execution.
· Take lead on onsite communication.
· Conduct full scope of controls project services as outlined in the overview above.
· Deliver successful controls projects with regards to customer satisfaction, schedule, time, and budget.
· Communicate with other Bastian team members effectively. Keep your manager advised of schedule. Check and use voice mail / e-mail diligently. Maintain the team relationship.
· Attend training and become certified in applicable controls technologies or programs.
· Communicate strategic information regarding suppliers, customers and competition.
· Support the Controls Commissioning Checklist for Controls projects.
· Develop processes to help support our team growth.
· Solve problems for our team and customers
· Attend weekly Controls meetings and other scheduled meetings on time.
· Recruit and critique key suppliers of technology/software.
· Maintain a consistently positive, enthusiastic attitude.
· Promote Bastian in all appropriate forums.
· Any and all job duties as assigned.
Superior Performance Objectives
- Help our customers to be successful in their specific markets.
- Deliver projects that meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
- Deliver projects under budgeted time and hours.
- Meet project schedule.
- Develop repeat customers.
- Contribute to project teams, providing help outside of controls scope when required.
- Be a great team member and contributor within the office.
- Establish beneficial relationships with our key supplier products and services.
- Develop new controls techniques or equipment that will help maintain Bastian as a leader in our industry.
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· PLC/VLC programming experience
· Panel design experience
· Hands-on and mechanical aptitude
· Computer literate with MS Office products
· AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred
· Material Handling experience is a plus
· Ability to travel up to 50%
· Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events