BASIS.ed is seeking qualified candidates for a 5th Grade Physical Geography Teacher for our Baton Rouge campus to start ASAP!
Ready to be part of a group of intellectual educators? Do you desire the autonomy in your classroom to satisfy your passion for your discipline?
BASIS Teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS Teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create dynamic lessons that provide students with new ideas and a fresh outlook on their future.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students;
2) Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of their academic and career success;
3) Implementation of BASIS.ed curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;
4) Collaborate with other BASIS.ed teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment; and
5) Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in the subject area and the ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed . In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. Highly qualified teacher requirements vary by state. In some cases a Bachelor’s degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Coursework or experience in education is not required, nor is certification.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master’s or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term “BASIS” refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.