Banker Lopez Gassler is currently recruiting for an experienced Paralegal in our Fort Myers office.
This position focuses on the defense of insurance defense cases in the areas of:
- personal injury
- automobile negligence
- wrongful death
- premises liability
Prior experience in an insurance defense firm is required.
Duties include medical and billing summaries, subpoenas, expert retention, discovery, legal research, and file management.
- Bachelor’s degree, or Paralegal certificate.
- Minimum two years progressive experience in a defense law firm.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by e-mail, telephone, or in person to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact in an environment with a diverse group of personalities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to identify and resolve problem in a timely manner.
- Flexible and solution oriented.
- Advanced skills in computer technology using Microsoft Office Suite, Orion and document management (Sharepoint).
- Ability to lift and carry thirty five pounds.