Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Provides technical support for the manufacturing engineering support function.
What will you be responsible for?
- Provides technical support and pertinent information to plants, licensees, joint ventures, customers, and engineering in application of materials, chemical process, and mechanical technology. Participates in installation, troubleshooting, failure investigations, and corrective action of material, process, and mechanical problems.
- Prepares cost estimates and submittals.
- Plans and performs development projects for materials and mechanical improvements. Develops objectives, project criteria and budgets. Initiates and evaluates actions to meet agreed objectives and criteria.
- Investigates, originates, and implements improvements for the container manufacturing process for the purpose of increased production, reduced product cost, and improved quality.
- Maintains an awareness of technical progress in materials, supports areas, and production equipment. Initiates technical meetings to review problems and seek improvements.
- Implements programs to introduce and qualify new materials, products, processes, and/or equipment in plants and with our customers. Originates test packs, and leads acceptance tests and evaluations through various lab services.
- Develops and participates in technical liaison with customers and suppliers to improve products, processes, and equipment.
- Provides liaison and technical support to other disciplines: manufacturing, project, container, and closure engineering, sales & marketing, quality assurance, EH&S, and sourcing.
- Originates specifications for equipment, materials, and processes to support manufacturing or marketing needs.
- Maintains awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements.
- Participates in project implementation, installation, check-out, tune-up and start-up of new equipment.
- Participates in the audit, rebuild, and troubleshooting of existing equipment.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- Ability to perform mathematical and engineering calculations.
- Ability to input, retrieve, and organize information via computers and software programs.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 67,700 – 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans