We have made it a priority to meet with, and hire from, a diverse pool of candidates – as we believe that a range of lived experiences, voices, and perspectives directly contributes to the success of our team.
About the Opportunity
The Business Development Coordinator plays an important role in supporting the growth of the Certified B Corporation (B Corp) community. The Business Development Coordinator works closely with other Business Development team members to drive clarity and support a positive and effective customer journey for small to medium-sized Prospective B Corps by equipping these companies through communications, resources, and direct support at critical moments in their lifecycle. The Business Development Coordinator will be an energetic multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be curious, empathetic and enjoy connecting with different people on their respective B Corp journeys.
This role will be central to B Lab US & Canada’s efforts to provide a quality customer experience to prospective B Corps and support a positive and transformative B Corp journey. Someone should consider this role if they are interested in learning about the business as a force for good community and the fundamental building blocks of community building and sales in a business environment. This role will specialize in delivering customer service and allow candidates to hone in on communications, and direct support.
The Business Development Coordinator reports to the Business Development and Pipeline Manager.
Core Job Functions
Functional responsibilities and tasks for the Business Development Coordinator include:
- Provide general customer support to prospective B Corps related to certification requirements, process, and opportunities to engage with the B Corp movement
- Develop canned responses, FAQs and other resources to support the customer journey
- Support on communications and lead on admin processes related to fees and discounts
Pre-Submit Pipeline Vetting
- Identify, qualify and assign new B Corp leads to Business Development team
- Participate in certain elements of B Corp certification readiness and eligibility process
Post-Submit Pipeline Support
- Create resources and canned responses to answer B Corps’ most common review process questions with input from the Standards team
- Engage directly with B Corp prospects to ensure they are clear about the review process and that they are getting their pre-verification review tasks completed
- Support the B Lab US & Canada Business Development team in identifying post-submit challenges and roadblocks, and collaborating to reduce them
We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Empathetic with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Enjoy problem solving and collaboration
- Curious and/or passionate about B Corp and business as a force for good and a desire to work with small and medium sized enterprises
- Approximately 0-2 years of professional experience
For success in this role, the ideal candidate may consider themselves:
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Customer-service oriented
- Good with managing their time, and able to work across and balance many disparate tasks
- Able to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization (write a professional email, good verbal communication)
Please note in your application if you have:
- Previous roles or experience in customer support or in communications
- Experience using customer support technology platforms, like Freshdesk
- Experience with Salesforce, G Suite, Slack, Asana, Excel, and other comparable tech platforms
- Basic competency in business processes
- Understanding of B Corp Certification requirements and process
Hesitant to apply? Even if you do not believe that you meet 100% of these skills or experiences but feel that this is a great role for you, we would still like to hear from you!
B Lab offers a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- An annual salary of $52,000
- Excellent health benefits package including access to medical, vision and dental coverage
- Paid time off for vacation – in your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks (prorated in a calendar year)
- 403(b) with a match of up to 3%
- Unlimited sick and personal time – if you need it, use it
- After your first year of employment, 40 hours paid time off for community service; paid parental leave; and a professional development budget (we assess this PD budget annually)
We require the following in order to consider your application:
- Resume and responses to our accompanying application questions (cover letter is not needed).
If you progress through additional stages in the hiring process you can expect to:
- Complete a one-way video interview presented by our team via Spark Hire
- Complete a hiring exercise
- Have up to 2 live (video conference) interviews
We will begin reviewing applications on March 30 and will continue until we identify a diverse and qualified candidate pool.
Please note: All applications will be reviewed by our team, and all candidates will receive a status update via email after their application has been reviewed, which we expect to complete by April 12. Due to capacity constraints on our hiring team, we are unable to provide you with a specific status update beyond these parameters.
If we can offer reasonable accommodations to you in the application or interview processes, or if you have feedback on how we could improve the equity or accessibility of our recruitment, you are welcome to contact us at careers @ bcorporation.net with the subject line “Accommodation request – BD Coordinator application”. Please note that we are unable to respond to general status inquiries or other messages that are unrelated to accessing our application or interview processes.
About B Lab
B Lab is transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. A leader in economic systems change, our global network creates standards, policies, and tools for business, and we certify companies—known as B Corps—who are leading the way. To date, our community includes nearly 4,000 B Corps in over 70 countries and 150 industries, over 8,000 benefit corporations, and 100,000 companies managing their impact with the B Impact Assessment and the SDG Action Manager.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our perspective and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition.
As an organization, we stand against anti-Black racism and all forms of oppression including transphobia, classism, sexism, and xenophobia. We commit to a focused and sustained action to dismantle racist systems, policies, practices, and ideologies within ourselves and our networks. As we continue to learn about injustice, we embrace radical reorientation of our consciousness and will listen to the voices of Black, Brown, Indigenous and marginalized peoples to catalyze equitable outcomes for all.
At B Lab an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace is one where all workers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our teams, programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.